Table of Contents
How do we organize our business so that we achieve maximum value from our equipment assets.
- 1. Equipment Management.
- 1-1 Equipment Management Functions
- 1-2 Functions, Roles and Responsibilities
- 2. Responsibility Centers and Organizational Structure.
- 2-1 The Pros and Cons of Centralization
- 2-2 Decentralize Decisions, Centralize Standards
- 2-3 How to Make Internal Rates Work
- 2-4 The Flow of Internal Costs and Charges
- 2-5 Making Responsibility Centers Work
- 3. Making Organizations Work.
- 3-1 Understand and Eliminate Accidents
- 3-2 Integrating Equipment Management in the Company
- 3-3 Three Goals for World Class
- 3-3 It truly is a Partnership
- 3-4 The Shop is more than a Workshop
How do we estimate owning and operating costs and manage the risks involved.
- 4. The Rate Calculation
- 4-1 Owning and Operating Costs
- 4-2 The Rate Calculation
- 4-3 Sensitivity Analysis on the Rate Calculation
- 4-4 Actual Costs and the Rate Calculation
- 4-5 Maintain a Focus on Cost Per Unit
- 5. Understanding and Estimating Owning Costs
- 5-1 Estimating Residual Market Value
- 5-2 The Residual Value Grid
- 5-3 Interest and the Cost of Capital
- 5-4 De-mystifying Depreciation
- 5-5 Alternatives to Straight Line Depreciation
- 6. Understanding and Estimating Operating Costs
- 6-1 Understanding and Classifying Operating Costs
- 6-2 The Cost of Repair Parts and Labor
- 6-3 Component Replacement Costs
- 6-4 Undercarriage Costs – Managing Large Expenditures
How do we strike a balance and optimize the decisions we take in many complex areas.
- 7. Economic Life, Fleet Average Age and Capital Expenditure
- 7-1 Economic Life
- 7-2 Fleet Replacement Planning
- 7-3 Buy What You Burn
- 7-4 Maintain Capacity in Stock
- 7-5 Fleet Age Balance
- 7-6 The Replacement Decision
- 7-7 Dangers of Delaying Replacement
- 8. Strategic Maintenance Issues
- 8-1 Maintain, Repair, Rebuild
- 8-2 Inspection and Prevention
- 8-3 Condition Assessment and Mechanical Maintenance
- 8-4 Oil Analysis
- 8-5 Maintenance and Component Life
- 8-6 The Rebuild Decision
- 9. Performance Measures
- 9-1 The Challenge of Benchmarking
- 9-2 Deployment, Availability and Utilization
- 9-3 Data and Performance Metrics.
- 9-4 Measuring and Managing Utilization
- 9-5 Measuring Age Cost and Reliability
- 10. Cash, Cash Flow and Discounted Cash Flow Analysis
- 10-1 Cash is King
- 10-2 Discounted Cash Flow
- 10-3 Rate of Return
- 10-4 A Cash Flow Based Rate Calculation
- 11. Balance Sheets, Cash Flow, Financing and Leasing
- 11-1 Equipment Transactions and the Balance Sheet.
- 11-2 Balance Sheet Ratios.
- 11-3. Equipment Decisions and Taxable Income.
- 11-4. The Lease Decision.
- 11-5. Inflation, Working in a World of Growing Costs.
- 12. Budgets and Budgeting
- 12-1 The Budget Control Cycle
- 12-2 Producing Actionable Cost Information
- 12-3 The Equipment Cost Report
- 12-4 Fixed and Variable Costs in Fleet Management
- 12-5 Reallocating Budget Variances
- 12-6 Actions Speak Louder Than Budgets
Back to book detail