Construction Equipment Economics
Construction Equipment Economics is written for everyone involved with the management of heavy mobile equipment.
The tools, techniques and ideas presented will improve fleet management and increase return on investment. It is designed for people who want to develop new ways, and gives the confidence needed to learn innovate and change.
The material is based on the Equipment Executive series published monthly in Construction Equipment magazine starting in October 2003. Substantial new material has been added and quantitative tools have been developed to assist in implementing many of the concepts described.
- How to organize your business so that you maximize the value of your equipment
- How to achieve effectiveness in your organization
- How to make internal rental rates work and maintain balance between equipment and operations.
- How to estimate the cost of equipment and operations
- How compare your values through the history of owning and operating your fleet.
- How to develop data to show the relationship between the cost of repair, parts ,and labor
- How to define “economic” life and manage the average age of your fleet
- How to take strategic maintenance decisions and measure the results
- How to your improve your budget